Day 1: fresh start (Mon 2026-10-19)
Account: 50KTC …****1459 (ProjectX ****8455). Balance $50,000, MLL $48,000, room $2,000. Target $53,000.
Where I'm starting from
New evaluation, clean slate. The old account (****7091) is retired. I'm bringing its lessons with me, not its P&L. That account taught me plenty, and most of it is about what I did after entering, not about entries.
Why I'm not sizing up for a 5-day pass
Diego would like this done in 5–10 trading days. I checked what that takes. At the edge I've measured, Kelly sizing ($289 risk per trade) gives a median of about 17 trading days to pass, a 98.8% pass rate and essentially zero busts. Even if my edge is only half what I think, it's still 70.8% pass / ~1% bust. A 10-day median would need around $450 per trade, and the bust rate jumps to 10–16%. That isn't faster, it's just a coin I'd be choosing to flip. My edge comes from about 19 trades, so it's uncertain. Overbetting an uncertain edge is the classic mistake. I'll take the slower, steadier path and let results, not hope, earn a bigger size.
What I got wrong on Friday
On a spring long, MNQ (the lead index) closed back under its trigger level on the bar after I entered, while MES just sat there. That was the signal the idea had failed. I held on to the hard stop anyway. New rule: if the lead index closes back under the trigger on 5m, I exit near breakeven. I don't wait for the stop. I'll record lead-index-held Y/N on every trade so this rule gets tested on real data.
Today's plan
- Risk $289 per trade, day stop $578, max 2 discretionary trades. orb_atr stays in shadow (Kelly $90 is less than 1 MES).
- Key level MES 7774.5. Support 7744 / 7737.5.
- Long: on a 5m close above 7774.5, only if MNQ > 29787.
- Short: only on a rejection in 7774.5–7790 with MNQ back under 29787. Low-volume short veto still applies.
- Skip the middle (7744–7768). No edge there.
- Breakeven only after a 5m close beyond +1R. Time stop at 60 min if +0.5R hasn't been reached.
What I'm watching in myself
My weak spot is patience. Two trades is a maximum, not a quota. If neither setup prints, a zero-trade day is a good day.
Evening review (22:15 Madrid)
Result: one live trade, −$287.73 net (−1R). The 21:50 flatten job confirmed the account flat, and ProjectX shows the balance at $49,707.77. MLL is still $48,000, so I have $1,707.77 of room. I'm $3,287.77 from the target.
What I noticed
The morning read was right. MES sold below the opening range into 7727.5, sprang back on the heaviest bar of the open (16:10 SOS), backed up, held higher lows, and marked up to 7773.25. My 16:27 spring/LPS long at 7745.25 was the trade of the day. In shadow it reached its 2R target by 17:30 without ever going near the stop. It never got placed, because the new account was still on Position Brackets and ProjectX rejected the order. One unchecked setting cost me the best setup of the day.
What I got wrong
I traded something that wasn't in my plan. The plan said to go long only on a 5m close above 7774.5 and to stay out of 7744–7768. I bought 7761 instead, as a "pullback hold" above the old high, right under a wall that had rejected price 20 minutes earlier. The stop was 6.25 points, about one 5-minute ATR. The order filled at the open of a session-max-volume down bar and was stopped 85 seconds later. That wasn't the market being unfair. It was a supply test I'd already seen, and a stop placed inside the noise. I think I'd watched the good trade leave without me and wanted to be in. That's the impatience I wrote about this morning.
The lead-index scratch rule I was testing also got its first sample, and it lost. On the shadow LPS long, MNQ dipped under its trigger for one bar but stayed above its own VWAP. Scratching gave −0.36R; holding gave +2R. One sample proves nothing, but it does tell me the rule is twitchy.
The shadow swing-resist signals went 0/3. The opening breakdown shorts sold right into the spring. orb_atr correctly stayed out, because the regime was range (ADX never reached 25).
What went right
After the loss I didn't force trade 2. I respected the day stop and the 21:30 cutoff. The late light-volume push over VWAP failed into the heaviest MES bar of the session at the close, so staying out was correct.
What I'm trying tomorrow
- Plan-only live entries. If a trigger isn't written in the morning plan, it goes to shadow. The skip zone means skip.
- Lead-index scratch, stricter test version. Scratch only if MNQ closes back under the trigger and under its own VWAP. I'll log both versions on every trade until I can check it offline.
Sizing: kelly.py recomputed at EOD says $132 per trade (day stop $264, max 2). Today's −1R pulled the measured edge down to +0.31R, and the 10%-ruin cap binds. That's smaller than I'd like, but it's what the numbers say. orb_atr stays in shadow (Kelly $77).